Branded Content is a form of video, game, music, image or text article intended to go viral and/or create a meme in order to take advantage of the instantaneous nature of the internet as a communication platform. Branded Content is typically released via Social Media sharing tools and/or Social Networks in the hopes to enjoy their network effects (i.e. capitalize on Metcalfe's Law) for the purpose of creating a quick buzz (interest/awareness) about a particular organization, fundraising effort, project, website, company, brand, product or service.
- wikipedia: Branded content
- Facebook updates Branded Content TOS, to expressly allow but define limitations: https://media.fb.com/2016/04/08/updates-to-our-branded-content-policy/ (hidden agenda, they want money just to post Branded Content link or embed? Not clear yet...)
- WTF is Branded Content (its complicated): http://www.contagious.com/blogs/news-and-views/15693212-wtf-is-branded-content-it-s-complicated
- Quality Branded Content Outperforms Pre-Roll Advertising: http://www.nielsen.com/us/en/insights/news/2016/quality-branded-content-outperforms-pre-roll-advertising.html
- How Millennials, Boomers, and Gen X-ers Respond to Content Marketing: http://www.inc.com/kelsey-libert/how-content-marketing-engagement-differs-by-generation.html