European Computer Manufacturers Association, international (commonly abbreviated ECMA) is a standards body and the owners of a famously popular and often referenced scripting language specification.
- ECMA 262: http://www.ecma-international.org/publications/standards/Ecma-262.htm
- Scripting Media Types: http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4329]
Each year the EcmaScript (ES) standard is scheduled to receive significant updates, but major versions will only be launched every 2 years.
- ECMAscript official site: http://www.ecmascript.org/
ECMAscript 5 (also known as ES2009 based on its year of release).
ECMAscript 6 (also known as ES2015 based on its year of release).
ECMAscript 7 (also known as ES2016 based on its year of release).
ECMAscript 8 (also known as ES2017 based on its year of release).
ECMAscript 9 (also known as ES2018 based on its year of release).
- The Complete Guide to ES10 Features: https://medium.com/@js_tut/the-complete-guide-to-es10-features-f09a8c7be1bd?sk=390c12eea5806d715de68d751c2827c8
ECMAscript evolving spec is commonly referred to as ES.next, however further versions may be listed as groupings of changes or some specific years' functionality logically flow/coalesce into a new versioned standard. In the meantime, everything else is considered ES Next (or the Beta/WIP upcoming features of the "living specification").
- ES Next: https://esnext.github.io/esnext/#
- Babel: https://babeljs.io/
- EcmaScript 6: http://www.ecma-international.org/ecma-262/6.0/ | FEATURES
- ECMA 262-3: http://www.mozilla.org/js/language/E262-3.pdf
- ECMAScript compatibility tables: http://kangax.github.io/compat-table/es2016plus/
- A minimal guide to ECMAScript Decorators: https://itnext.io/a-minimal-guide-to-ecmascript-decorators-55b70338215e
- MozDev -- ES6 In Depth Articles: https://hacks.mozilla.org/category/es6-in-depth/
- 3 way to remove duplicate Array entries in ES6: https://medium.com/dailyjs/how-to-remove-array-duplicates-in-es6-5daa8789641c
- wikipedia: Ecma International
- wikipedia: ECMAScript
- wikipedia: List of Ecma standards
- wikipedia: TypeScript
- TypeScript - Quick Guide: https://www.tutorialspoint.com/typescript/typescript_quick_guide.htm
- How Microsoft Wants To Change TypeScript = Better Programming: https://betterprogramming.pub/how-microsoft-wants-to-destroy-typescript-1f1a53b18de6
- 10 TypeScript features you might not be using yet or didn't understand: https://obaranovskyi.medium.com/10-typescript-features-you-might-not-be-using-yet-or-didnt-understand-d1f28888ea45
- TypeScript - Use polymorphism in place of the switch and other conditionals: https://obaranovskyi.medium.com/typescript-use-polymorphism-in-place-of-the-switch-and-other-conditionals-1cfcc705bcc1
- wikipedia: CoffeeScript
- CoffeeScript - Quick Guide: https://www.tutorialspoint.com/coffeescript/coffeescript_quick_guide.htm
- ES modules -- A cartoon deep-dive: https://hacks.mozilla.org/2018/03/es-modules-a-cartoon-deep-dive/
- ECMAScript 2009 - ES5 feature summary: https://www.w3schools.com/js/js_es5.asp
- Learn ES5: https://babeljs.io/docs/en/learn
- ES6 feature summary: https://www.w3schools.com/Js/js_es6.asp
- Understanding ECMAScript 6: https://leanpub.com/understandinges6
- ES6 compatibility table: https://kangax.github.io/compat-table/es6/
- These are the features in ES6 that you should know: https://medium.com/programming-essentials/these-are-the-features-in-es6-that-you-should-know-1411194c71cb
- ECMAScript 2016 - ES7 feature summary: https://www.w3schools.com/js/js_2016.asp
- ES 7 and ES8 Features: https://webapplog.com/es7-es8/
- The final feature set of ECMAScript 2016 (ES7): http://2ality.com/2016/01/ecmascript-2016.html
- Exploring ES2018 and ES2019 (E-BOOK): http://exploringjs.com/es2018-es2019/toc.html
- ES6 plans: https://wiki.mozilla.org/ES6_plans
- Es6 Features: http://es6-features.org/#Constants
- An introduction to ES6 Part 1 of 10 -- Using ES6 Today: http://dev.venntro.com/2013/09/es6-part-1/
- ES6 -- The Awesome Parts : https://www.slideshare.net/domenicdenicola/es6-the-awesome-parts
- ES6 for everyone: https://es6.io/