Engagement is a measure of the level of involvement, interest and connection made between an audience member, client or other individual who receives a message - whether in whole or in part - from a presenter, company, or another individual trying to communicate an idea or message.
An idea or message in this sense could be that the communicatee should buy a product or service from the communicator, for example the infamous "product launches" made popular by Steve Jobs and Apple. However, engagements can be promoted through more traditional advertising as well, but this is not typically capable of creating true engagement or intention in the customer.
The philosophy of the Intention Economy is in direct contrast to the traditional "Attention Economy" as is widespread in Retail today.
Kinetic Rule Language (KRL) is a rule-based programming language for creating applications on the Live Web. KRL programs, or rulesets, comprise a number of rules that respond to particular events. KRL has been promoted as language for building portable "personal clouds" and avoiding "vendor lock-in".
- Kinetic Rule Language (KRL): https://web.archive.org/web/20160329153606/http://developer.kynetx.com/display/docs/Home
- KRL project: https://github.com/kre/Kinetic-Rules-Engine/
- PicoLabs: http://picolabs.io/ (Web Service for hooking KRL into real devices or running Rules-as-a-Service)
Payments in the power of the people who make/receive them.
Personal terms of data collection and usage.
- wikipedia: Digital brand engagement
- Forward Thinking July 21 2009An Organic Alternative to Cropdust Marketing : http://blog.tippingpointlabs.com/2009/07/an-organic-alternative-to-cropdust-marketing/
- Visitor Engagement - Time for a reality check?: http://blogs.omniture.com/2008/07/14/visitor-engagement-time-for-a-reality-check/
- New Metric needed -- Engagement?: http://scobleizer.com/2006/10/25/new-audience-metric-needed-engagement/
- Visitor Engagement + comScore = Audience Engagement!: http://blog.webanalyticsdemystified.com/weblog/2008/10/visitor-engagement-comscore-audience-engagement.html
- Video Engagement metrics: http://www.visiblemeasures.com/video-engagement/
- How to measure visitor engagement, redux: http://blog.webanalyticsdemystified.com/weblog/2007/10/how-to-measure-visitor-engagement-redux.html
- Google a one trick pony?: http://www.webmetricsguru.com/archives/2006/07/google-a-one-trick-pony/
- Future -- A new prime time: http://news.cnet.com/Future-A-new-prime-time/2009-1043_3-5116866.html
- May i have your attention: http://www.rediff.com/search/2002/jun/27please.htm
- Turning into digital goldfish: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/1834682.stm
- Attention-getting – The Evidence: http://www.speakingaboutpresenting.com/content/attention-getting-the-evidence/
- Pearls Before Breakfast (professional Violinist plays Washington DC train station): http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/04/04/AR2007040401721.html
- wikipedia: Kinetic Rule Language
- KRL creator Phil Windley's blog articles on KRL: http://www.windley.com/tags/krl
- Kinetic Rule Language overview: https://topics.revolvy.com/topic/Kintic Rule Language
- Why I invented KRL?: http://www.windley.com/archives/2011/04/why_krl.shtml
- Why Phil Windley invented Kinetic Rule Language (KRL)?: http://lambda-the-ultimate.org/node/4265