Non-Governmental Organization (also known as a non-governmental agency or group; commonly abbreviated as NGO), is a group organized for the purpose of influencing political decisions or contributing to/supporting popular movements, while not being officially affiliated with any particular branch of government in theory (but typically having some form of ties to a political party, in practice).
Despite not typically being officially owned by a particular political party or leader, affiliations are often strong in public (or behind closed doors).
An NGO may be affiliated with any of the following:
- International cause/issue/group
- Union or other group
- Political Party/Campaign or a specific Politician
- wikipedia: NGO
- wikipedia: Charitable Organization
- wikipedia: Lobbyists
- wikipedia: Tea Party movement
- wikipedia: Campaign for Liberty
- wikipedia: Anarchist movement
- wikipedia: Trade Union