Sharing in the traditional sense is the act of dividing up, duplicating or transferring ownership of a given resource or set of resources amongst several parties. Often, sharing is done as part of a greater collaboration process.
Sharing and the Web
Sharing in its modern form on the web has most often come to be referred to as the exchanging of information, particularly through web links (i.e. URLs). This sharing is most often accomplished through passing links via Email, IM or other Social Networking Services.
- What, When, And How To Share On Social Media: http://www.fastcompany.com/3026897/work-smart/what-when-and-how-to-share-on-social-media
- Social Sharing -- How to Get More People to Share Your Content: www.socialmediaexaminer.com/social-sharing-with-mark-schaefer/
- Cross-Platform Social Media Sharing Tool: http://bcmoney-mobiletv.com/blog/2012/02/01/cross-browser-social-media-sharing-tool/
- WarpShare (An early, and leading source of sharing and organization of personal media files on the web): http://warpshare.com/
- Why People Share - The Psychology Behind “Going Viral”: https://www.nfx.com/post/why-people-share/