Tags are a form of metadata used to add supplemental information about the contents of a type of document or resource on the web (which can be especially useful for rich media, such as an images, videos, animations or music).
- CommonTag initiative: http://commontag.org/
- Common Tag - QuickStartGuide: http://commontag.org/QuickStartGuide
- Semantic Web -- Common Tag Announced as a New Format for Development (Victor Godot): http://www.victorgodot.com/newmedia/?p=311
- MOAT: Meaning Of A Tag: http://moat-project.org/
Wordle is a toy for generating “word clouds” from text that you provide. The clouds give greater prominence to words that appear more frequently in the source text. You can tweak your clouds with different fonts, layouts, and color schemes. The images you create with Wordle are yours to use however you like. You can print them out, or save them to the Wordle gallery to share with your friends.
- Wordle - Word cloud generator: http://www.wordle.net/
In-Video Object Tags
Clikthrough makes online video interactive by enabling a user to Clik on anything they see: products, people, places, and more. Just Clik on the easy-to-see "hotspots" with your mouse if you want to learn more. Clicking on a "hotspot" (in-video object tag) will immediately reveal information to the right of the main video screen, offering you information like what/who/where it is; how to purchase it; user comments, how to save it to a wish list, as well as live chat, rating and sharing features.
Q: How is the Clikthrough video shopping experience unique? A: Clikthrough gives the viewer a true 360 degree shopping experience surrounding the video in a unique theater environment. This information includes in-depth artist information, video, product, person and place information along with social networking interaction [chat, comments, ratings and a favorites list]
For any product (similar for person and place) in the video the user can view summary information on the product, view pictures on the product along with the following:
- Email the product - Comment on the product - See the product in other videos - View similar products to the product in the video - Wishlist the product - Clik 2 Buy the product from our affiliate partners
ClikThrough can also provide supplemental (value-added) information. For example for a band the viewer can get complete information on the band, their music, concerts and news:
- Band and individual member information - Album and song information to buy songs - Concert information to see event dates and locations to buy tickets - Song lyrics from the video - Fun facts about the band members - Latest band news - Other videos where the artist appears
- ClikThrough: http://www.clikthrough.com/
Asterpix Pro is an interactive video authoring service that enables you to deliver branded interactive videos to your audience. The Asterpix solution allows viewers to interact with objects in the video to get more information, purchase products, or navigate to other videos.
Coull is primarily an advertising platform for video which enables a publisher to tag in-video objects.
- Coull.tv: http://coull.com
- Tagtacular.js: http://gototech.com/tagtacular/
- Tag Handler (jQuery-plugin): http://ioncache.github.io/Tag-Handler/
- jQuery Tagger: http://github.com/Fivium/jquery-tagger/ | DEMO
- Popular Tags: https://github.com/kshirish/PopularTags/
- Multiple Selection Combo Box using Bootstrap 3: http://nicolasbize.com/magicsuggest/ | DEMO
- How to create a CSS3 tag cloud like on this blog: http://code.almeros.com/how-to-create-a-css3-enabled-tag-cloud
- Create Delicious Tag Field Using JQuery: http://superdit.com/2011/03/12/create-delicious-tag-field-using-jquery/
- wikipedia: Tag (metadata)
- We need a tag evolution: http://faviki.wordpress.com/2008/05/08/9/
- Faviki's Social Bookmarking Tool Makes Semantic Tagging Even Easier: http://www.readwriteweb.com/archives/favikis_social_bookmarking_tool_makes_semantic_tagging_easier.php