From BC$ MobileTV Wiki
Triples are tertiary (three-way) relationships between objects.
- N-Triples: http://www.w3.org/TR/n-triples/ (n-triples)
- Notation-3 Logic: http://www.w3.org/DesignIssues/Notation3 (n3)
- Terse RDF Triple Language (Turtle): http://www.w3.org/TeamSubmission/turtle/ (turtle = n-triples + n3 + sparql)
A simple example of a triple is the following English sentence:
Bryan is a person.
The triple representation of this is nearly identical:
Bryan isA person
- Bryan tells us the name of the subject, namely that the subject's name is Bryan
- isA tells us the type of relationship (predicate), using simple present form of the English verb "to be"
- person tells us the type of object we're referring to when speaking about the subject, i.e. qualifying Bryan's membership in the "human race"
- Triple viewer:
- Thinking XML - Introducing N-Triples: http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/library/x-think17/