World Wide Web Consortium (commonly abbreviated W3C)  is the world's largest (known/public) working group focused on web technologies and their associated standards. W3C consists of leaders from academia, business, government and even some dedicated web enthusiasts/technologists from the general public. As part of its mandate, apart from solely working on theoretical documents and technical specifications/guidelines, the W3C also creates a number of useful tools to assist developers in implementing standards-compliant software.
- W3C web QA Tools: http://www.w3.org/QA/Tools/
- W3C TAG Ethical Web Principles: https://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/ethical-web-principles/
- W3C - HTML Design Principles: https://www.w3.org/TR/html-design-principles/
- W3C Public CVS Repository: * W3C Public CVS Repository: http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/
- W3C Pleased With Semantic Web Adoption by Facebook, Best Buy & Others: http://www.readwriteweb.com/archives/w3c_pleased_with_semantic_web_adoption.php