eXtensible Resource Descriptor Sequence (XRDS) is an XML format for discovery of metadata about a resource – in particular discovery of services associated with the resource, a process known as Service Discovery. For example, a website offering OpenID login can resolve a user's OpenID identifier to an XRDS document to discover the location of the user's OpenID service provider.
- XRDS-Simple 1.0 Draft 1: http://xrds-simple.net/core/1.0/
- eXtensible Resource Identifier (XRI) 2.0: http://docs.oasis-open.org/xri/2.0/specs/xri-resolution-V2.0.html
- XRD Document Structure: http://hueniverse.com/2009/03/xrd-document-structure/
- XRD vs. XRDS, Side by Side Comparison: http://hueniverse.com/2009/03/xrd-vs-xrds-side-by-side-comparison/
- wikipedia: XRDS
- Announcing XRDS-Simple 1.0 Draft 1: http://hueniverse.com/2008/03/announcing-xrds-simple-1-0-draft-1/
- Putting XRDS-Simple in Context: http://hueniverse.com/2008/03/putting-xrds-simple-in-context/