Amazon is the world's largest online retailer, offering new & used items from a large directory of products and a wide array of sellers.
Although Amazon started as an online book retailer, their immense product catalogue has continued to grow since their inception, adding numerous categories including everything from car parts to groceries, children's toys & baby products to computers & electronics, jewelry to home improvement, movies & tv to music & games.
Receive all the benefits of Amazon Prime including FREE Two-Day Shipping for eligible purchases, unlimited streaming of movies and TV shows with Prime Instant Video, and the ability to borrow books from the Kindle Owners' Lending Library for $99 a year.
FREE 2-Day Shipping has always been the main feature of Amazon Prime (which started out as an accelerated FREE shipping membership at ~14.00/year). Other related features are Release Date Delivery (as soon as a new item is made available to customers, it is delivered to your door), No-Rush Shipping (you can pick a future date for delivery, great if you have a cross-border shipping/pickup location, separate P.O. Box, separate addresses, or are going on an extended vacation and want an item delivered upon your return) as well as Discounted Same-Day, 1-Day & Saturday Shipping.
- 2-Day Shipping: http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_bc_nav?ie=UTF8&nodeId=13819211
Kindle Lenders' Club
If you are a Kindle owner and an Amazon Prime member (with active subscription) then you can also freely access the Kindle Lenders Club (also called eBook Lending), which allows you to exchange purchased and/or otherwise downloaded books with other Kindle members. Another related feature is Kindle First, which gives Prime members the ability to download an author's new book 1-month before its official release to act as a sort of early reviewer for the book, text or other title.
Prime Photos (formerly Amazon Photo Cloud) provides unlimited storage for photos in Amazon Cloud Drive for active Prime members in the U.S.
Prime Music (formerly Amazon Music Player which provided just short 10-30 second previews of songs and other audio track previews, the called Amazon Cloud Player, now also called Amazon Music) is a music service to listen "a-la-carte" via internet stream, to a select set of music titles available in the Amazon Music content database.
- Amazon Music: https://www.amazon.com/gp/dmusic/cloudplayer/web
Amazon Instant Video
With Amazon Instant Video, you can instantly watch movies and TV shows on your compatible connected TV or streaming device. On some devices, you can also download select videos for watching without an Internet connection. Prime was the initial new name of the Amazon VOD platform (which merged with its Unbox predecessor).
- Amazon Instant Video: http://www.amazon.com/Instant-Video/b?node=2858778011 | Watchlist
Amazon Affiliate Program
Making money through this program is becoming increasingly difficult, as the referral percentages are pretty small, meaning razor thin margins. Still, it is possible to churn a profit as an Amazon Affiliate site. Amazon certainly continues to enjoy the benefit of links to their massive product catalogue.
- Making Money with Amazon Affiliate program: http://entrepreneurs.about.com/od/homebasedbusiness/ht/amazonaffiliate.htm
- What is the Amazon Omakase Links Program?: http://www.askdavetaylor.com/what_is_the_amazon_omakase_links_program.html
Shortly after acquiring leading movie information database IMDB in 2001, Amazon launched a "professional version" of the site aimed at entertainment professionals (industry-insiders and talent of all types) that required a membership fee. This was especially designed to give better control to agents over how their clients were represented on the site as well as talent themselves (such as producers, directors, writers, actors), but also provided additional information on films including box office, budget, salaries paid, royalties, behind-the-scenes sneak peaks and rumors over upcoming films which would be attractive to power users of the regular site.
- For more, see: IMDB (movie reference database)
CustomFlix Labs, Inc. was the leading DVD self-authoring service and BookSurge Inc. was the leading book/text/journal self-publishing service, before they were each acquired by Amazon in 2005. Now they have been combined into CreateSpace still serves as Amazon's self-publishing tool for authors to quickly, efficiently and affordably self-publish to Amazon without all the red tape and bureaucracy of the traditional Book Publishing & Printing industries.
- CreateSpace: https://www.createspace.com/
- Audible - Audio Books: http://www.audible.com
Goodreads is the world’s largest site for readers and book recommendations. Our mission is to help people find and share books they love. Goodreads launched in January 2007 and was acquired by Amazon in March, 2013. 
- For more info, see: Goodreads
Amazon Web Services
One of the most often-cited reasons for the exponential and sustained growth of Amazon as one of the world's leading online retailers is Amazon Web Services (AWS). AWS provides a developer library, API and data exchange format for accessing products, items and reviews from the Amazon website. In 2006, AWS began offering IT infrastructure services to businesses in the form of web services, these services are now commonly known as Cloud Computing, where businesses and individuals alike are provided the opportunity to replace up-front capital infrastructure (network, hosting, data center, etc) expenses with low variable-costs that scale with your business needs and customer base (actual usage-based provisioning & billing).
- AWS Portal: https://aws-portal.amazon.com 
- Amazon AWS - ECLIPSE Plugin: http://aws.amazon.com/eclipse/#4
Historically represents the first set of Web Services offered by Amazon, and according to some, one of the key factors in their early growth compared to other E-Commerce platforms.
- Amazon Associates: http://amazon.com/associates/ (affiliate/linking program)
- Product Advertising API: http://docs.aws.amazon.com/AWSECommerceService/latest/DG/ItemSearch.html
- Amazon Commerce Service API: http://webservices.amazon.com/AWSECommerceService/AWSECommerceService.wsdl
- Product Advertising API samples in Java (SOAP and REST): http://code.google.com/p/amazon-product-advertising-api-sample/
- Amazon SOAP Product Advertising API from Java – Including Signing of Requests with WS-Security: http://www.mularien.com/blog/2009/08/13/tutorial-amazon-soap-product-advertising-api-from-java-including-signing-of-requests-with-ws-security/
Reliable, scalable, and cost-effective computing resources on which to host your applications.
- Amazon - Application Hosting: https://aws.amazon.com/application-hosting/
An alternative admin console and hosting platform to all the commodity Web Hosts out there.
- Amazon - Website Hosting: https://aws.amazon.com/websites/
- Amazon Lightsail: https://amazonlightsail.com/
Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) resizable compute capacity in the cloud. You define your virtual Amazon EC2 environment with the operating system, services, databases, and application platform stack required for your hosted application
- Amazon EC2: https://aws.amazon.com/ec2/
- Amazon EC2: http://amazon.com/ec2 | WSDL
- Introducing Virtuoso Universal Server (Cloud Edition) for Amazon EC2：http://firstname.lastname@example.org/blog/?id=1489
- The Virtuoso Universal Sever AMI for Amazon EC2 is a cloud based bundle of the OpenLink products: http://virtuoso.openlinksw.com/dataspace/dav/wiki/Main/ODSInstallationEC2
Simple Storage Service (S3) is a web services interface to store and retrieve any amount of data, at any time, from anywhere on the web.
Simple Queue Service (SQS)
- Amazon SQS:
CloudFront provides a high performance, globally distributed Content Delivery Network (CDN) system.
- Amazon CloudFront: https://aws.amazon.com/cloudfront/
- How To -- Getting Started with Amazon CloudFront: http://paulstamatiou.com/how-to-getting-started-with-amazon-cloudfront
- Amazon CloudFront -- Configuring a CDN in under 5 minutes: http://www.innerlogics.com/blog/2008/11/amazon-cloudfront-configuring-a-cdn-in-under-5-minutes/
- Amazon CloudFront invalidation via API with PHP: http://www.berendtsen.dk/amazon-cloudfront-invalidation-via-api-with-php/
- A PHP Framework for Hosting Images on Amazon CloudFront: http://awsninja.com/2010/06/11/a-php-framework-for-hosting-images-on-amazon-cloudfront/
DevPay provides online billing & account management services that makes it easy for you to sell applications built on top of, or being run within, Amazon Web Services.
Backup & Restore
- Backup & Restore: https://aws.amazon.com/backup-restore/
AWS offers the broadest range of databases purpose-built for your specific application use cases, (including RDBMS' such as: MySQL, Oracle, IBM DB2, PostgreSQL, Microsoft SQL, AmazonRDS, AmazonRedShift-DataWarehouse; or NoSQL datastores such as: redis, memcached, AmazonDynamoDB-KeyValue, AmazonElastiCache-InMemory, AmazonNeptune-GraphDB,).
Relational Database Service (RDS) is a web services interface used to set up, operate, and scale a relational database in the cloud, with resizable database capacity.
- Amazon RDS: https://aws.amazon.com/rds/
- Amazon RedShift DB: http://get.treasuredata.com/Redshift_COPY_Command_Guide-Request.html (COPY command guide)
- The Lazy Analyst's Guide to Amazon Redshift: https://www.periscopedata.com/amazon-redshift-guide
- AWS Enterprise - Public Cloud environments: https://aws.amazon.com/enterprise/
- Amazon Mechanical Turk: http://aws.amazon.com/mturk/
- AWS Mechanical Turk WSDL: http://mechanicalturk.amazonaws.com/AWSMechanicalTurk/AWSMechanicalTurkRequester.wsdl
- Mechanical Turk (PHP): http://www.phpclasses.org/package/7196-PHP-Setup-crowdsourcing-tasks-with-Mechanical-Turk-API.html
Amazon's Wishlist and "list mania" features are extremely good tools for promoting specific products or encouraging others to buy them for you (i.e. via a Wishlist widget in appreciate or support of your site) or themselves (i.e. through your affiliate links.
- How to Add An Amazon Wishlist to Your WordPress Blog: http://wpmu.org/how-to-add-an-amazon-wishlist-to-your-wordpress-blog/
DASH is a one-click physical button for auto-renewing or triggering a subscription to a particular product/service to fire-off an actual E-Commerce transaction.
- Amazon DASH buttons: http://www.amazon.com/Dash-Buttons/b?ie=UTF8&node=10667898011
"Alexa" is the original name of the voice-controlled bot (and "wake word") for the Amazon Echo line of SmartSpeaker/SmartHome devices.
- Complete Alexa Skills List: https://github.com/dale3h/alexa-skills-list
- Complete Listing Of Alexa Skills As Of 3/4/16: http://lovemyecho.com/2016/03/04/complete-listing-of-alexa-skills-as-of-3416/
- How to Improve Your Amazon Echo Experience by Training It (Alexa) to understand Your Voice: http://www.howtogeek.com/235916/how-to-improve-your-amazon-echo-experience-by-training-it-to-your-voice/
Alexa Voice Services
Alexa Voice Services (AVS) is the name of the set of Amazon Web Services (AWS) behind-the-scenes of powering Alexa.
- Building Skills for Amazon Echo: http://dzone.com/articles/building-skills-for-amazon-echo
- Alexa Voice Services (AVS) -- NodeJS + Java app (EXAMPLE): https://github.com/alexa/alexa-avs-sample-app (This project demonstrates how to access and test the Alexa Voice Service using a Java client (running on a Raspberry Pi, with Node.JS server "thin back-end")
- Alexa Developer tutorial videos (by BigNerdRanch): https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbx0SPpWT6yB7_yY_ik7pmg/videos
- Alexa Skills Kit (for Developers): http://developer.amazon.com/public/solutions/alexa/alexa-skills-kit/getting-started-guide
Alexa Web Rankings
Long before Alexa was synonymous with Peronal AI Assistant / Intelligent Agent, Alexa was the web's leading traffic measurement and rankings provider. This was before the name got re-purposed/overloaded within the Amazon product lines to stand for "Alexa" the voice of the Amazon Echo & Echo Dot products. Just saying "Alexa" will now kick off an Echo device to start listening for one of its hundreds of supported commands/skills. However, the original Alexa was nothing more than a web ranking tool, the likes of which is commonly used to determine the popularity of particular websites & web applications, mobile websites/applications and inactive/parked addresses.
- Alexa - web rankings: http://www.alexa.com | Top 500 sites | EXAMPLE
- Alexa Web Info Service (AWIS): http://docs.amazonwebservices.com/AlexaWebInfoService/latest/
- AWIS WSDL: http://awis.amazonaws.com/doc/2005-07-11/AWSAlexa.wsdl?
- PHP Alexa Rank Fetcher Class: http://davidwalsh.name/php-alexa-rank-fetcher-xml
- Amazon S3 Browser-Based Uploads tester: http://s3.amazonaws.com/doc/s3-example-code/post/post_sample.html
- Amazon AWS PHP Library: http://code.google.com/p/php-aws/
- Amazon EC2 Libraries: http://developer.amazonwebservices.com/connect/kbcategory.jspa?categoryID=187
- Amazon-ECS-PHP-Library: https://github.com/Exeu/Amazon-ECS-PHP-Library
- Amazon FPS Libraries: http://developer.amazonwebservices.com/connect/kbcategory.jspa?categoryID=191
- Amazon SimpleStore: http://developer.amazonwebservices.com/connect/entry.jspa?externalID=498&categoryID=199
- OFFICIAL AWS Developer Center - Product Advertising API (sample code and SDKs): http://developer.amazonwebservices.com/connect/kbcategory.jspa?categoryID=14
- PHP Amazon Web Services Class: http://www.phpit.net/code/aws-class/
- Amazon Mechanical Turk Guide for Social Scientists: http://homepage.psy.utexas.edu/homepage/students/buhrmester/MTurk Guide.htm
- Screening participants from previous studies on Amazon Mechanical Turk and Qualtrics: http://experimentalturk.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/screening-amt-workers-on-qualtrics-5-2.pdf
- Accessing Amazon Product Advertising API: http://www.codediesel.com/php/accessing-amazon-product-advertising-api-in-php/
- Signing an Amazon API request (required as of 2009): http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=1366791
- Amazon SOAP Product Advertising API from Java – Including Signing of Requests with WS-Security: http://www.mularien.com/blog/2009/08/13/tutorial-amazon-soap-product-advertising-api-from-java-including-signing-of-requests-with-ws-security/#more-158
- Amazon S3 Buckets Described in Plain English: http://www.labnol.org/internet/tools/amazon-s3-buckets-tutorial/3890/
- Amazon s3 example: http://www.sajithmr.me/amazon-s3-example/
- How to Use Amazon S3 & PHP to Dynamically Store and Manage Files with Ease: http://net.tutsplus.com/tutorials/php/how-to-use-amazon-s3-php-to-dynamically-store-and-manage-files-with-ease/
- Working with S3 REST Web Service in Java: http://onjava.com/onjava/2007/11/07/introduction-to-amazon-s3-with-java-and-rest.html
- Creating (Java) Applications with EC2 and S3: http://onlamp.com/onlamp/2008/05/13/creating-applications-with-amazon-ec2-and-s3.html
- Getting started with Amazon EC2: http://maketecheasier.com/getting-started-with-amazon-ec2/2011/10/20
- Installing EC2 Command Line Tools on Windows: http://www.powercram.com/2009/12/installing-ec2-command-line-tools-on.html
- Get started with Amazon EC2 api tools: http://linuxsysadminblog.com/2009/06/howto-get-started-with-amazon-ec2-api-tools/
- Provisioning EC2 via the SOAP API: http://www.crosschecknet.com/web_services_testing_tools_amazon_ec2.php
- Self-Service, Prorated Supercomputing Fun!: http://open.blogs.nytimes.com/2007/11/01/self-service-prorated-super-computing-fun/ (using EC2 + S3 for OCR)
- Running Hadoop on Amazon EC2: http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/AmazonEC2
- RabbitMQ on Amazon EC2: http://www.rabbitmq.com/ec2.html
- Running MySQL on Amazon EC2 with EBS (Elastic Block Store): http://aws.amazon.com/articles/1663?_encoding=UTF8&jiveRedirect=1
- wikipedia: Amazon web Services
- What is the real price of an Amazon EC2 machine?: http://answers.onstartups.com/questions/20603/what-is-the-real-price-of-an-amazon-ec2-machine
- Amazon revenue sharing services: http://www.amazonservices.com
- Overgrown Amazon: http://tpgblog.com/2008/10/06/overgrown-amazon/
- Amazon makes available 1Tb of public data: http://blog.larkc.eu/?p=1101
- Yahoo! Pipes - Amazon Wishlist to RSS Feed: http://pipes.yahoo.com/pipes/pipe.info?_id=9d73ba552398cb835e2cf1de47599ad7
- Product Advertising API Signed Requests Sample Code - Java REST/QUERY: http://developer.amazonwebservices.com/connect/entry.jspa?externalID=2478&ref=featured
- Amazon's Web Services and XSLT: http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2004/08/04/tr-xml.html
- Signing Amazon Product Advertising API requests — the missing C# WCF sample: http://flyingpies.wordpress.com/2009/08/01/17/
- Amazon Style Template - DHTML Pop Up Menus : http://deluxe-menu.com/data-templates/amazon-template-sample.html?affiliateid=26469
- Beware of bogus Amazon emails: http://www.itworld.com/security/111974/beware-bogus-amazon-emails
- Is Amazon's S3 the cheapest streaming video hosting out there?: http://www.learningapi.com/blog/archives/000123.html
- Amazon's CDN Gets More Competitive, Adds SLA, New Edge Locations, Lower Pricing: http://blog.streamingmedia.com/the_business_of_online_vi/2010/11/amazons-cdn-gets-more-competitive-adds-sla-new-edge-locations-lower-pricing.html
- Q4 CDN Pricing Detailed, Down 20% In 2010, Expected To Remain Stable Next Year: http://blog.streamingmedia.com/the_business_of_online_vi/2010/11/q4-cdn-pricing-detailed-down-20-overall-in-2010-should-remain-stable-next-year.html
- Amazon's Ambitious Failures: http://www.technewsworld.com/story/20774.html?wlc=1306355185
- Why Amazon Should Buy eBay: http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2007/12/14/why-amazon-should-buy-ebay/
- Search Index - Category type support by locale: http://docs.amazonwebservices.com/AWSECommerceService/latest/DG/APPNDX_SearchIndexValues.html
- Stevey's Google Platforms Rant (Google .vs. Amazon): https://plus.google.com/112678702228711889851/posts/eVeouesvaVX#112678702228711889851/posts/eVeouesvaVX
- Is Amazon's Mechanical Turk a Failure?: http://www.codinghorror.com/blog/2007/04/is-amazons-mechanical-turk-a-failure.html
- Amazon Gets Into Voice Recognition, Buys Ivona Software To Compete Against Apple’s Siri: http://techcrunch.com/2013/01/24/amazon-gets-into-voice-recognition-buys-ivona-software-to-compete-against-apples-siri/
- Amazon's Q4 falls short of estimates, outlook misses too: http://www.zdnet.com/amazons-q4-falls-short-of-estimates-outlook-misses-too-7000010513/?s_cid=e589
- Amazon launches training labs to teach beginners how to use AWS: http://www.zdnet.com/amazon-launches-training-labs-to-teach-beginners-how-to-use-aws-7000018728/
- Here's Why Amazon Is on a 'Crazy' Hiring Spree: http://bostinno.streetwise.co/2015/03/18/amazon-jobs-amzn-hiring-for-aws-cloud-in-cambridge-boston/
- Amazon’s next innovation could be ‘drive-thru’ grocery stores: http://fortune.com/2015/07/27/amazon-drivethrough-grocery-stores/
- Amazon to launch video streaming service in Japan - Nikkei: http://www.japantoday.com/smartphone/view/technology/amazon-to-launch-video-streaming-service-in-japan-nikkei
- Amazon opens lineup-free grocery store: http://globalnews.ca/news/3112090/amazon-opens-lineup-free-grocery-store/
- Amazon Moves Past Digital, Buys Whole Foods For $13.7B: https://www.mediapost.com/publications/article/302980/amazon-moves-past-digital-buys-whole-foods-for-1.html
- Amazon -- From online bookseller to internet titan: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/afp/article-4611738/Amazon-online-bookseller-internet-titan.html
- Amazon everywhere -- E-commerce titan is topic companies can't avoid: http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-results-amazon-com-analysis-idUSKBN1AD2CK
- Amazon says Google has pulled YouTube from Echo Show device in tech face-off: http://www.reuters.com/article/us-amazon-com-google/amazon-says-google-has-pulled-youtube-from-echo-show-device-in-tech-face-off-idUSKCN1C20A8
- Amazon adds Alexa voice control to Music app as it takes on Apple and Spotify: https://www.geekwire.com/2017/amazon-adds-alexa-voice-control-music-app-takes-apple-spotify/
- Amazon's Echo Spot is a sneaky way to get a camera into your bedroom: https://www.theverge.com/2017/9/28/16378472/amazons-echo-spot-camera-in-your-bedroom
- Amazon Wants You to Wake Up With Alexa, and That’s Just the Start: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/27/technology/amazon-echo-alexa.html
- Amazon lockers drive short trips to Whole Foods: http://www.supermarketnews.com/online-retail/amazon-lockers-drive-short-trips-whole-foods
- I'm Starting to Have Serious Doubts About Amazon Prime: https://gizmodo.com/im-starting-to-have-serious-doubts-about-amazon-prime-1827112911
- Watch out, retailers. This is just how big Amazon is becoming: https://www.cnbc.com/2018/07/12/amazon-to-take-almost-50-percent-of-us-e-commerce-market-by-years-end.html
- ‘Keep Talkin’ Larry’: Amazon Is Close to Tossing Oracle Software: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-11-09/-keep-talkin-larry-amazon-is-close-to-tossing-oracle-software
- Amazon Announces No-Line Retail Shopping Experience With Amazon Go: http://www.forbes.com/sites/curtissilver/2016/12/05/amazon-announces-no-line-retail-shopping-experience-with-amazon-go/#da47f6c4f949
- Amazon Testing Checkout Free Stores: http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2016/12/06/amazon-testing-checkout-free-stores/
- Kill the drones, Amazon Go is an actual game changer: http://mashable.com/2016/12/06/amazon-go-better-than-drones/
- This is Amazon's grocery store of the future: no cashiers, no registers, and no lines: http://www.businessinsider.com/amazon-go-grocery-store-future-photos-video-2016-12?op=1
- Amazon Go -- Here are the takeaways business tech execs need to know: http://www.zdnet.com/article/amazon-go-here-are-the-takeaways-business-tech-execs-need-to-know/
- Amazon Announces No-Line Retail Shopping Experience With Amazon Go: http://www.forbes.com/sites/curtissilver/2016/12/05/amazon-announces-no-line-retail-shopping-experience-with-amazon-go/
- About Amazon Prime: http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=200444160
- Watch an Instant Video title: http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201422990
- Amazon Prime Shipping Benefits: http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201118070&ref=prime_us_pdp_prime_assist_t2_shp_learn
- Use 1-click Shipping with Amazon Prime: http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201117990
- Borrow Books from the Kindle Owners' Lending Library: http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?ref=prime_us_pdp_prime_assist_t2_koll&nodeId=200757120
- Kindle First: http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?ref=prime_us_pdp_prime_assist_t2_kf&nodeId=201376210
- Kindle Lending Club Is a Library of User-Contributed Kindle Ebooks: http://lifehacker.com/5735815/kindle-lending-club-is-a-library-of-user-contributed-kindle-ebooks
- About Prime Photos: http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=prime_us_pdp_prime_assist_t2_cd_help?nodeId=201480950
- About Prime Music: http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201530920
- About Amazon Instant Video: http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201422800
- Amazon adds streaming TV, movies to Prime -- Could just be the beginning: http://www.zdnet.com/blog/btl/amazon-adds-streaming-tv-movies-to-prime-could-just-be-the-beginning/45156
- Access your Amazon Video Library: http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201423020
- wikipedia: Omakase
- How much did Amazon pay to acquire IMDB in 1998?: http://www.quora.com/How-much-did-Amazon-pay-to-acquire-IMDB-in-1998
- IMDB Pro launches in 2001: http://www.imdb.com/pressroom/company_timeline/
- About CreateSpace: https://www.createspace.com/AboutUs.jsp
- Amazon launches Lulu competitor: http://readwrite.com/2007/08/08/amazon_launches_createspace
- HOW TO - Self Publish Your Book with Amazon's CreateSpace: http://mashable.com/2011/07/19/self-publish-amazon-createspace/
- Investigation - Are Amazon & CreateSpace selling books and not giving the authors their royalties or the true sales?: http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-559888
- Indie booksellers boycotting Amazon/CreateSpace: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/941131-indie-booksellers-boycotting-amazon-createspace
- Amazon acquires Audible for $300 million: http://news.cnet.com/8301-10784_3-9861892-7.html
- Online retailer Amazon.com Inc said on Thursday it reached a deal to buy digital audio books provider Audible Inc for about $300 million, aiming to bolster its audio download offerings.: http://www.reuters.com/article/2008/01/31/us-audible-amazon-idUSN3129158120080131
- Amazon.com to Acquire Audible.com: http://about.audible.com/2008/07/10/amazoncom-to-acquire-audiblecom/
- Amazon.com to Acquire Goodreads (OFFICIAL): http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=176060&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=1801563
- Exciting News About Goodreads - We're Joining the Amazon Family!: https://www.goodreads.com/blog/show/413-exciting-news-about-goodreads-we-re-joining-the-amazon-family (March 28, 2013)
- Amazon purchase of Goodreads stuns book industry: http://www.theguardian.com/books/2013/apr/02/amazon-purchase-goodreads-stuns-book-industry
- Now You Can Preview Books on Goodreads! (U.S. Members): https://www.goodreads.com/blog/show/467-now-you-can-preview-books-on-goodreads-u-s-members
- Amazon buys Goodreads -- We’re all just data now - Salon.com: http://www.salon.com/2013/03/31/amazon_buys_goodreads_were_all_just_data_now/
- Three Hidden Benefits of The Amazon Acquisition of Goodreads: http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidvinjamuri/2013/03/29/three-hidden-benefits-of-the-amazon-acquisition-of-goodreads/
- Amazon Acquires Social Reading Site Goodreads, Which Gives The Company A Social Advantage Over Apple: http://techcrunch.com/2013/03/28/amazon-acquires-social-reading-site-goodreads/
- The Simple Reason Why Goodreads Is So Valuable to Amazon: http://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2013/04/the-simple-reason-why-goodreads-is-so-valuable-to-amazon/274548/
- Actually, Amazon Paid About $150 Million for Goodreads: http://allthingsd.com/20130329/actually-amazon-paid-about-150-million-for-goodreads/
- Goodreads acquired by Amazon – Good or Bad?: http://sybilleyates.com/goodreads-acquired-by-amazon-good-or-bad/
- AWS Query/Code Builder: http://www.awszone.com/ (was one of the best interactive API testing tools/forms I've ever seen, no longer supported as of 2010)
- About AWS: https://aws.amazon.com/about-aws/
- How AWS Pricing Works: https://dzone.com/articles/how-aws-pricing-works
- Old SOAP 1.1 WSDL: http://soap.amazon.com/schemas2/AmazonWebServices.wsdl
- Tutorial — Creating and managing a Node.js server on AWS, part 1: https://hackernoon.com/tutorial-creating-and-managing-a-node-js-server-on-aws-part-1-d67367ac5171
- Amazon Focuses On Cloud Video With Elastic Transcoder Services, Price-Busting + Available Everywhere: http://techcrunch.com/2013/01/29/amazon-ramps-up-cloud-services-with-video-transcoding-price-busting-and-internationally-available/
- HITs not getting completed? You might have missed Amazon's new default Masters requirement. As they intended: http://turkrequesters.blogspot.ca/2012/11/hits-not-getting-completed-you-might.html
- How Representative Are Amazon Mechanical Turk Workers?: http://themonkeycage.org/blog/2012/12/19/how-representative-are-amazon-mechanical-turk-workers/
- Using Amazon Mechanical Turk to Transcribe Historical Handwritten Documents: http://journal.code4lib.org/articles/6004
- ProPublica’s Guide to Mechanical Turk: http://www.propublica.org/article/propublicas-guide-to-mechanical-turk
- How to Review 5,000 Link Prospects & Collect 1,500 Contacts for $525 with Amazon's Mechanical Turk: Link Building How-Tos Day: http://ontolo.com/blog/LBHTD-How-to-Use-Mechanical-Turk-for-Link-Building
- wikipedia: Amazon Dash
- Is there an online list of Echo Skills?: http://www.reddit.com/r/amazonecho/comments/4154uf/is_there_an_online_list_of_echo_skills/
- Amazon’s Other App Store, Alexa’s “Skills” Section, Has Quietly Grown To Over 130 Apps: https://techcrunch.com/2016/01/04/amazons-other-app-store-alexas-skills-section-has-quietly-grown-to-over-130-apps/
- Alexa API Mashup Contest: https://www.hackster.io/contests/alexa-api-contest
- Introducing the Internet of Voice Challenge with Hackster.io and Raspberry Pi: https://developer.amazon.com/blogs/post/Tx2HZ84OSVXXUZF/Introducing-the-Internet-of-Voice-Challenge-with-Hackster-io-and-Raspberry-Pi
- Alexa Voice Service now works on connected devices in UK and Germany: https://techcrunch.com/2017/02/07/alexa-voice-service-goes-international-now-works-in-uk-and-germany/ (chart of what services are available where)
- An Alexa Project Name Generator on IBM's "severless hosting solution" OpenWhisk: http://dzone.com/articles/an-alexa-project-name-generator-on-openwhisk
- Alexa - Skills Guide: http://www.amazon.com/b?ie=UTF8&node=15144553011
- 6 Steps to Build Your First Alexa Skill: https://developer.amazon.com/public/solutions/alexa/alexa-skills-kit/content/fact-skill-4
- Create the Interaction Model for Your Skill: https://developer.amazon.com/docs/custom-skills/create-the-interaction-model-for-your-skill.html
- Get started with Alexa: https://developer.amazon.com/edw/home.html#/
- AWS Lambda - getWinningNumbers: https://console.aws.amazon.com/lambda/home?region=us-east-1#/functions/getWinningNumbers?tab=code
- Defining the Voice Interface (SCHEMA): https://developer.amazon.com/public/solutions/alexa/alexa-skills-kit/docs/defining-the-voice-interface#The Intent Schema
- Alexa Skills Kit Custom Interaction Model Reference: https://developer.amazon.com/public/solutions/alexa/alexa-skills-kit/docs/alexa-skills-kit-interaction-model-reference#Slot%20Types
- Amazon to give Prime customers free access to paid Alexa skills content: https://marketingland.com/amazon-give-prime-customers-free-access-paid-alexa-skills-content-227099?
- The nation’s largest toy retailer rolls out AR app chainwide: https://www.chainstoreage.com/technology/nations-largest-toy-retailer-rolls-ar-app-chainwide/
- Amazon Says It Has Fixed Randomly Laughing Alexa Speakers: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-03-07/amazon-is-working-on-a-fix-for-randomly-laughing-alexa-speakers
- Usability Testing Form for Alexa Skills: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSduXKvTLS_-EziQmUfy01cfrYUBFkm177Qco1dbt29FJyb6CQ/viewform
- AWIS API docs: http://docs.amazonwebservices.com/AlexaWebInfoService/2005-07-11/
- AWS Amplify Adds Support for Securely Embedding Amazon Sumerian AR/VR Scenes in Web Applications: https://aws.amazon.com/about-aws/whats-new/2018/09/AWS-Amplify-adds-support-for-securely-embedding-Amazon-Sumerian/
- Download S3 in PHP example: http://www.sajithmr.me/downloads/s3-test-utility-php.rar