Biometrics (sometimes used synonymously with the term Bioinformatics) is the use of computer technology to understand, manage and/or track an animal's biological information. It typically includes quantitative measures such as vital signs, age, height and weight as well as qualitative measures such as income, lifestyle habits, etc.
- (Human) Biometrics PHP class: http://www.phpclasses.org/browse/package/4183.html
- Motorola ATRIX - Writing Fingerprint-Enabled (Java) Apps: http://developer.motorola.com/docstools/library/writing-fingerprint-enabled-apps/
- wikipedia: Biometric passport
- FBI aims for world's largest biometrics database: http://www.reuters.com/article/technologyNews/idUSN2129895820071222
- Iranian held after entry without biometric identification: http://www.japantoday.com/category/crime/view/iranian-held-after-entry-without-biometric-identification
- Biometric ATM gives cash via 'finger vein' scan: http://edition.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/europe/07/05/first.biometric.atm.europe/index.html?hpt=C2&fbid=U0xAFOXJkjv