Brand Names are names that describe specific elements of a company's products or services (for example one whole product line, one single product in a greater line, one individual product with no greater product line, or one of the company's available services).
Choosing a Brand Name can be just as challenging and time-consuming as selecting an appropriate Company Name.
- Harvard Business Review - Introducing New Coke (CASE STUDY): http://hbr.org/product/a/an/500067-PDF-ENG?cm_sp=doi-_-case-_-500067-PDF-ENG&referral=00103
- wikipedia: Brand name
- Launching Brands in Public: http://sethgodin.typepad.com/seths_blog/2009/09/launching-brands-in-public.html
- wikipedia: New Coke
- New coke - an innovation case study: http://www.scottberkun.com/blog/2006/new-coke-an-innovation-case-study/
- Failure of New Coke: http://www.icmrindia.org/casestudies/catalogue/marketing management/CLMM020.htm
- CASE-STUDY -- THE NEW COKE: http://www.scribd.com/doc/2058950/COKE-CASE-STUDY
- New Netscape = New Coke?: https://readwrite.com/2006/07/10/new_netscape_ne/
- New Netscape.com – One Year On: https://readwrite.com/2007/07/05/new_netscapecom_one_year_on/
- Is Tim Hortons’ dominance in Canada unshakeable?: http://ca.finance.yahoo.com/news/Is-Tim-Hortons-dominance-yahoofinanceca-146819478.html
- Why Does Any Company Bother to Rebrand? An Investigation: https://marker.medium.com/why-does-any-company-bother-to-rebrand-when-consumers-always-hate-it-an-investigation-301c6f8f7360
- Debranding is the new "branding" for BK, Warner, many other large multi-national brands: https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2021-03-07/debranding-is-the-new-branding-for-burger-king-warner-bros