A Desktop Application is a thick-client program which is coded in a specific programming language and compiled into an executable file which can be easily run by an end-user to achieve a given result (for example: manipulating data, playing a video game, creating a chart or report, etc...) via a User Interface.
- MultiMonitor TaskBar: http://www.mediachance.com/free/multimon.htm
- 10ZiG Dual Monitor Utility: http://www.10zig.eu/monitorutility.php
- wikipedia: Desktop App
- How desktop apps beat websites at building large active userbases: http://andrewchenblog.com/2009/08/24/how-desktop-apps-beat-websites-at-building-large-active-userbases/
- End of the Desktop? Google Backs WebGL: http://www.linux-mag.com/id/7764/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+LinuxMagazine+(Linux+Magazine:+Top+Stories)
- Is HTML5 REALLY good for application developers?: http://rebuildingtheweb.com/en/is-html5-good-for-app-developers/
- Web apps vs Desktop apps: http://valums.com/web-apps/