ffmpeg is a media encoding library developed primarily in C, and originally designed to run on UNIX/Linux-based platforms (but was later ported to Mac & Win32). The library permits the encoding of many different media formats into several others, but the core library is intended for "any format" to flv (Flash Video format).
ffmpeg's home page is run by the Mplayer development team . According to the team, this is due to historical reasons.
- ffmpeg Download: http://ffmpeg.mplayerhq.hu/download.html
- Sample ffserver configuration file: http://ffmpeg.mplayerhq.hu/sample.html
- ffmpeg Documentation: http://ffmpeg.mplayerhq.hu/documentation.html
- ffmpeg License: http://ffmpeg.mplayerhq.hu/legal.html
- ffmpeg parameters explained: http://forums.buyscripts.in/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=722