Global Positioning Systems (commonly abbreviated as GPS) is a technology which uses sattelites or other terrestrial communications towers to identify the geographical coordinates (lattitude and longitude) of a particular device, which may or may not be attached to or owned by a particular person.
Use in Automobiles
GPS is becoming increasingly prevalent in Automobiles <ref>GPS Guide for Beginners: http://www.mygpstalk.com/images/GPSGuideforBeginners_Manual.pdf</ref>, with a variety of applications including Anti-Theft<ref>GPS Anti-Theft Tracking Systems to Reduce Theft: http://ezinearticles.com/?GPS-Anti-Theft-Tracking-Systems-to-Reduce-Theft&id=1580046</ref>, Vehicle Tracking<ref>Keeping Track of Automobiles using GPS Vehicle Tracking: http://www.surveillanceforsecurity.com/gps-vehicle-tracking.html</ref>, Driving Directions (route finder)<ref>Portable car GPS systems: http://www.gps-practice-and-fun.com/car-gps.html</ref> and mapping communities and landmarks for trip planning.
- NRC - GPS POSITIONING GUIDE: http://luna.csrs.nrcan.gc.ca/GPS_Guide_e/GPS_Guide_e.pdf
- What is GPS?: http://www8.garmin.com/aboutGPS/
- How does GPS work?: http://airandspace.si.edu/gps/work.html
- How GPS Receivers Work: http://electronics.howstuffworks.com/gadgets/travel/gps.htm
- GPS Navigation In Indian Automobiles?: http://www.cxotoday.com/India/News/GPS_Navigation_In_Indian_Automobiles/551-1585-908.html
- WIKIPEDIA: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taxicab#Navigation
- Maps and Driving Directions: http://askbobrankin.com/maps_and_driving_directions.html
- European MyGuide coming to a car near you: http://asia.cnet.com/crave/2008/06/17/european-myguide-coming-to-a-car-near-you/
- Coming to a Car Near You: http://hothardware.com/News/Coming-to-a-Car-Near-You/