Live Streaming is now possible over the web, whereas in the past, several technological hurdles (such as availability and cost of sufficient bandwidth, as well as a lack of adequate streaming technologies) limited the ability to stream live flash content.
Live Video Streaming service started in 2005, similar look & feel to MySpace.
- Stickam: http://stickam.com/
- Stickam API Lets You Build Your Own Live Video Site: http://www.tradevibes.com/news/view/justin-tv?article=74189
- Stickam - company profile: http://www.crunchbase.com/company/stickam
- Stickam Mobile: http://m.stickam.com/
- PayPerLive: https://payperlive.com/plans
- StreamAPI: http://www.streamapi.com/
- Justin.TV Search API: http://techblog.justin.tv/2007/11/jtv-search-api.html
- Justin.TV -- High Quality Broadcasting: http://www.justin.tv/p/high_quality
- Justin.TV API DEMO: http://www.justin.tv/apidemo
- Justin.TV Teams Up With On2 And Opens Network: http://www.techcrunch.com/2007/10/02/justintv-teams-up-with-on2-and-opens-network-finally/
- Justin.TV in ANY language -- LISP DEMO -- using JSON and Justin.TV Search API: http://paste.lisp.org/display/50539
- Camchooser component: http://www.flashcomguru.com/articles/camchooser.cfm
- Apple's Quicktime Broadcaster: http://www.apple.com/quicktime/broadcaster/
- Akamai to offer Live Flash Streaming: http://www.beet.tv/2007/05/akamai_to_offer.html