Multimedia Messaging Service (commonly abbreviated MMS) is the is a standard for telephone messaging systems that allows sending messages that include multimedia objects (images, audio, video, rich text) and not just text as in Short Message Service (SMS). It is mainly deployed in cellular networks along with other messaging systems like SMS, Mobile Instant Messaging (IM) and Mobile E-mail. Its main standardization effort is done by 3GPP, 3GPP2 and Open Mobile Alliance (OMA).
- Multimedia Messaging Service (MMS) v1.3: http://www.openmobilealliance.org/Technical/release_program/mms_v1_3.aspx
- 3GPP TS - MMS Functional description (Stage 2): http://www.3gpp.org/ftp/Specs/html-info/23140.htm
- MMS Encapsulation Protocol: http://www.openmobilealliance.org/tech/affiliates/wap/wap-209-mmsencapsulation-20020105-a.pdf
MMS Switching Centre (MMSC) is the name of a complete MMS Gateway which provides switching between SMS/MMS message types and possibly conversion to/from Email messages into MMS.
Device through which the user sends/receives multimedia messages (i.e. mobile phone or PC-based MMS client). The Client sends messages to and receives messages from the MMSC using WAP/HTTP at the transport layer.
Switches messages between different MMS clients and between MMS and Email. The Gateway may also interface with other gateways to exchange messages destined for foreign networks. This is also more properly known as the MMSC.
This component provides persistent storage of messages on the network. Typically users can access stored messages via a web interface. Other MMS Systems:Other systems, such as 3rd Party MMS systems (e.g. MMS VAS providers) can interface to the MMSC to receive and send MMS content. The Interface used is termed MM7, as in the seventh layer of the MMS architecture.
- MBuni - a Free, Open-Source MMS Gateway(Server): http://www.mbuni.org/
- Ozeki MMS server: http://mms.ozeki.hu
- Bell Aliant - MMS upload/send center: https://mymobilepictures.aliant.net/login.do
- MMS Decoder: http://heyman.info/mmsdecoder.php
- NowMMSL http://www.nowsms.com/support/bulletins/tb-nowsms-016.
- aql SMS/MMS account: https://www.aql.com/account/sms/
- MMS to HTTP: http://aql.com/sms/mms-to-http/
- free MMS to Flickr uploads: http://aql.com/site/howToMMStoFlickr.php
- MMS-to-Email Gateway: http://www.yospace.com/index.php/mms-to-email-gateway.html
- wikipedia: List of SMS gateways (SMS gateways can almost always be used for MMS by simply attaching a picture/media within allowable size limit)
- Overview of MMS: http://mbuni.org/userguide.shtml#Section_.1.1.1
- Receive and Decode MMS (yet another great script from PHPclasses): http://cesars.users.phpclasses.org/browse/package/1782.html
- MMS Send: http://scripts.ringsworld.com/blog/mms/readme.txt.html
- MMS Upload - no mail server needeed - php only: http://coppermine-gallery.net/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=755072465e1e99c30a11389c0b7740db&topic=13703.msg63278
- Size of MMS messages: http://www.developer.nokia.com/Community/Wiki/TSC000012_-_Size_of_MMS_messages
- MMS supported file types: http://www.mxtelecom.com/uk/doc/MMSMessaging_Overview/73708.htm
- Sending MMS: http://www.mxtelecom.com/uk/mmsg/sending
- Sending an MMS message via HTTP:
- Sending MMS From PHP: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4150509/sending-mms-from-php
- wikipedia: Multimedia Messaging Service
- OpenWave Developer Guide - MMS: http://developer.openwave.com/dvl/support/documentation/guides_and_references/mms_quick_start/index.htm
- MMS FAQ: http://www.digi.com.my/data_services/messaging/datamsg_mms_faq.do
- MMS on Bell/Aliant with Smartphones?? : http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php/1322275-MMS-on-Bell-Aliant-with-Smartphones
- Peffisaur - MMS community (for submitting and checking out other people's MMS communications): http://peffis.com/
- PHP and mobile application development (by PHP Magazine): http://www.phpmagazine.net/2006/08/php_and_mobile_application_dev.html
- Submitting MMS Messages: URL Submission: http://www.nowsms.com/documentation/ProductDocumentation/mms_notifications_and_content/Submitting_MMS_Messages_URL.htm
- Send SMS via PHP / Send MMS via PHP: http://www.nowsms.com/discus/messages/1/1113.html
- Receiving MMS Messages with a PHP Script - HTTP File Upload Post: http://www.nowsms.com/support/bulletins/tb-nowsms-016.htm
- MMS Video clips/streaming: http://www.nowsms.com/discus/messages/1/5866.html
- Noida MMS Sex Scandal 2009 Leaked Over Net: http://ready2beat.com/current-news/general-news/noida-mms-sex-scandal-2009-leaked-over-net
- Twitter Adds Support for MMS Photo Sharing (But Only in UK): http://mashable.com/2009/11/16/twitter-mms-support/
- Top 6 Myths About MMS Debunked: http://mashable.com/2010/02/16/mms-myths-debunked/
- Americans send 740 billion text messages in first half of 2009 (10.3 Billion of which were MMS in the US; UK sends 60 billion MMS per year): http://www.bizreport.com/2009/10/americans_send_740_billion_text_messages_in_first_half_of_20.html#
- NowSMS: http://www.nowsms.com/support/bulletins/tb-nowsms-016.htm
- MMS Settings (German telecom example): http://www.acnmobile.com/mobile/de_en/help_advice/settings/mms_settings_help_advice.jsp
- What is MMS? (Nokia): http://nds2.nokia.com/tutorials/support/global/phones/3650/english/faq_img.html
- Send MMS via NowSMS Gateway Provider: http://www.nowsms.com/discus/messages/1/1113.html