Mashups are applications which make use of data from more than one location or context by integrating data from external databases or applications and exposing the user to richer data combinations in one central presentation.
Excellent Mashups by Satoru Yano
- YouTube TV: http://tv.youtubech.com/
- Japanese YouTube Web Player Mashup: http://fplayer.youtubech.com/index.pl?q=brittany
- YouTube Subtitle Inserter: http://subtitle.in/
- YouTube API class (the original YouTube class from PHPclasses, used by many to embed YouTube videos in other pages, create thumbnails and much more): http://www.phpclasses.org/browse/package/3944.html
- phpTube can download and upload using the YouTube Developers API: http://www.phpclasses.org/browse/package/3966.html
- Video Portal Player (can be used to easily mash YouTube videos with other data): http://www.phpclasses.org/browse/package/3911.html