Difference between revisions of "Spam"
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
'''Spam''' is [[email]] or which matches a given pattern for faulty informationor bulk messages sent to multiple unsolicited receivers. It is an increasing global epidemic on the [[internet]], with estimates that many employees now spend as much as 1/4 of their time sorting through '''spam''' [[email]]s, deleting messages from their inbox and/or freeing messages from their emailaccount by purging their junk mail folder.
Revision as of 16:11, 23 December 2016
Spam is email which is fraudulent or which matches a given pattern for faulty information, or excessive/bulk messages sent to multiple unsolicited receivers. It is an increasing global epidemic on the internet, with estimates that many employees now spend as much as 1/4 of their email management/communication time sorting through spam emails, deleting messages from their inbox and/or freeing messages from their email account by purging their junk mail folder.
- Master NewMedia - How to Avoid the Junk Box (avoid being marked as SPAM): http://www.masternewmedia.org/news/2008/05/24/spam_checking_tools_and_tips.htm
- wikipedia: Spam (electronic)
- wikipedia: Email spam
- Domain registration scam in China: http://www.joewein.net/blog/2008/12/08/domain-registration-scam-in-china/
- Diving deep into email spam statistics: http://royal.pingdom.com/2011/01/19/email-spam-statistics/
- WikiMedia Spam – Lock Media Wiki Permissions down: http://blog.woodylabs.com/2009/10/wikimedia-spam-lock-media-wiki-permissions-down/
- WikiMedia - Manual:Preventing access: http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Preventing_access
- Grum takedown - '50% of worldwide spam is gone': http://money.cnn.com/2012/07/19/technology/grum-spam-botnet/index.htm?iid=HP_LN
- The Spam King: http://http://www.reviewjournal.com/lvrj_home/2003/Dec-14-Sun-2003/news/22615610.html