Spam is fraudulent email or email which matches a given pattern for faulty information or bulk messages sent to multiple unsolicited receivers. It is an increasing global epidemic on the internet, with estimates that many employees now spend as much as 1/4 of their time sorting through spam emails, deleting messages from their inbox and/or freeing messages from their email account by purging their junk mail folder.
- Master NewMedia - How to Avoid the Junk Box (avoid being marked as SPAM): http://www.masternewmedia.org/news/2008/05/24/spam_checking_tools_and_tips.htm
- wikipedia: Spam (electronic)
- wikipedia: Email spam
- Domain registration scam in China: http://www.joewein.net/blog/2008/12/08/domain-registration-scam-in-china/
- Diving deep into email spam statistics: http://royal.pingdom.com/2011/01/19/email-spam-statistics/
- WikiMedia Spam – Lock Media Wiki Permissions down: http://blog.woodylabs.com/2009/10/wikimedia-spam-lock-media-wiki-permissions-down/