In computer science and information technology, Voice Recognition is the capability of a software program to receive a particular user's (person's) audio input, and authenticate the voice of the speaker as being their own by programmatically matching it to a given training sample.
Voice Recognition can be best characterized as the computer or system: "knowing or deducing the identity of the speaker.
Known Service Providers
- SpokenProof is a dedicated biometrics company focusing on speaker recognition:
- Terakeet offers both Speech & Voice Recognition, however voice is their specialty:
- Research Lab Voice Software:
- Audacity: An Open-Source, Cross-Platform Sound Editor:
- Not quite Voice Recognition, but this class can read a ringtone or other small audio file and present the tune/pitch info of the file in wave-format image: